Welcome! to IUSD's Print Shop.
It is our goal to provide you with the highest quality service, at or below our competitor’s prices, in a reasonable amount of time. Our staff can help you produce documents that will better communicate your needs. We offer several types of products and services, as well as free quotes.
*** TURNAROUND TIME:
APPROX. 3-7 BUSINESS DAYS ***
Special Services Available
- High speed black and white digital copies
- Color copies* (2 options):
--INKJET = (Comcolor press), good quality, less expensive*
--LASER = (ImagePress), high quality, a little more expensive*
- Bindery services
- Graphic design/typesetting
- Campus pickup and delivery
* You can request a "proof copy" before your order is run, please add an extra 1-2 days to the turnaround time.
NOTE: We have added a Proof required selection button, please indicate if you require a proof before running the job. Thank you
Items you can order from STORE ORDERS:
- PAPER ONLY (reams or sheets, of certain papers for sale)
- District CURRICULUM (little phonic books, etc.) for elementary school
- CALENDARS (District calendars - in-house only)
To order printing, start by choosing a selection from the NEW ORDER tab - either "Quick Copy" or "Printing Order":
1. QUICK COPY – Use this option for black & white or color copy jobs needing 1-1000 copies, with all pages printed on the same color paper stock. Only finishing/bindery options available in "Quick Copy" category are: collating, stapling, and 3-hole punching.
(A Quick Copy is NOT a "RUSH ORDER," it is a less complicated order that does not require special bindery work -- only collating, stapling, 3-hole punch allowed.)
2. PRINTING ORDER – Use this option for ALL OTHER jobs including: orders with misc. paper colors (packets), graphic design/typesetting, envelopes, NCR printing (carbon copy forms), jobs with cutting/folding/plastic comb or coil binding, tape binding, etc. This option should also be selected for posters, notecards, banners, and more.
NUMBER OF "Sets" (Copies) – is the “quantity” -- the number of copies you would like us to make of the 1 (one) document you are submitting.
NUMBER OF "SHEETS per Set" is the number of sheets of paper needed to print ONE (1) complete copy of your document. If you have 2 pages printed back-to-back, only 1 SHEET of paper is needed. If you have 4 pages printed back to back, it will require 2 SHEETS.
If you have a folded BOOKLET, count the total number of pages in your book and divide by "4", this will calculate how many Sheets per Set are needed. (TIP: Four  pages in a booklet will fit on one  sheet of paper that is printed two-sided, and folded in half.)
TIP: HOW TO COPY QUOTES OR RE-ORDER PREVIOUS JOBS:
STEP 1: Log in and click on the MY ORDERS tab
STEP 2: Look for a previous order or quote only, click on VIEW to open it
STEP 3: COPY ORDER
STEP 4: After the order has been copied, you should be able to edit things on the ticket, like job name, site, acct. number, finish size, date due, etc., including ADD NEW FILE to attach/upload your file.
STEP 5: click on SAVE, to save your changes, and continue
STEP 6: The updated page comes up on the screen. Scroll to the bottom and choose whether you want to SUBMIT ORDER or CANCEL ORDER, etc. Then you’re done!
STEP 7: You will receive an auto-response email that your order has been submitted.
Turnaround time from May to Oct. can be approx. 2 weeks or more due to the large volume of work in-house. Please check at the top of this homepage to see what our current turnaround times are. Plan ahead. Get your orders in early.
- Publication Services website: (click here).
- For more information on the services offered in the Print Shop, visit our Publication Services booklet.
- COLOR vs BLACK INK: Link to costs for "color copies" and "black & white" copies (click here).
- POSTERS & BANNERS: Link to information on "posters & banners" (click here).
ATTENTION: Designs that "Bleed"
A "bleed" is when the ink prints all the way up to the edge of the paper. Copiers leave a 1/8" (.125 in.) white margin around all four sides of the paper. If you would like your design to “bleed,” please set-up your page size 1/8" (.125 in.) LARGER around all four sides, with crop marks if possible. The 1/8" will be trimmed off to create the bleed effect. Please note: most designs that "bleed" have to be printed on larger paper, and trimmed down. "Bleeds" will almost always incur additional charges (cutting, larger paper, etc.). Please add a note in "special instructions" that you would like a "bleed cut" to trim off the excess white margins. Contact us, if you have questions.
How to Register to use the WebDesk
STEP 1: "REGISTER" (click on "Log In", then on "Click here to register"). After you have Registered, contact email@example.com with the budget numbers you would like linked to your account.
>IF YOU FORGET YOUR PASSWORD: First go to the "Log In" screen, then click on "Have you forgotten your password" -- once you put in your email address, it should send you an immediate email with a new password. If this doesn't work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your password can be re-set manually.
STEP 2: "LOG IN," click on NEW ORDER, then decide whether to select "Quick Copy, "Printing Order," or "Store Order."
You will also have the option of attaching/uploading a file to be printed. We strongly recommend doing this to speed up the turnaround time and allow you to submit your order remotely from your site/school. (You will get an error message if your file is too large.) Your document file will automatically be converted to a PDF if possible, if this doesn't work, see note below. Graphic or image files can be uploaded "as is" (png, jpg, tif).
What if you only have a hard copy of your document, or what if you only need updates on a document that the Print Shop already has on-file? If you need changes on a file that the Print Shop has in-house, select "Graphic Work" on the WebDesk. You can then either: 1) Mark changes on a sample, scan and save it as a PDF file, and "upload" this file to your job ticket; 2) mark changes on a hard copy and send via District mail to the Print Shop, or 3) type the instructions in the comments section on the job ticket. Also, please remember to add a note in the comment section on the WebDesk, if you are sending a hard copy through District mail to show what the changes will be.
Trouble Uploading a file??? If you are having trouble sending a file to the Print Shop, finish submitting your order online, then email your file, along with the new Job # as a reference, to: email@example.com.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS: To order District curriculum, little folded in half books, and other miscellaneous District curriculum items, check STORE ORDERS first to see if we have the masters in-house (see list below). To order items, log in to WebDesk, then go to: NEW ORDER / STORE ORDERS and browse through the list to locate the items you need, then add to your cart. The little books have PDF files available to view and verify you are ordering the correct items.
- HM Medallion Phonics Library (Original Font)
- HM Medallion Phonics Library (Enlarged Font)
- HM Medallion Decodable Readers
- HMH Journeys Student Edition (kindergarten)
- HMH Journeys Blend It Books (grade 1 & 2)
- HM Medallion Dictation (Enlarged Font)
- HM Readers Library Blackline Masters
- HM I Love Reading
- HM Theme Skills Tests
- VH Tuning Up Computationally
- Real Word Chains
- VH Math Factswise Flashcards
- HM High Frequency Word Grids
- Study Sync
- Writing Paper
Publication Services / Print Shop
100 Nightmist, Irvine, CA 92618
Office: (949) 936-5307 - Brenda Recinos, Publications Tech.
Shop: (949) 936-5326 - John van Doleweerd, Foreman
Shop: (949) 936-8463 - Ken Kafton, Lead Press Operator
Hours: 7:00am-3:30pm, Mon.-Fri.
(Closed on weekends and school holidays)