Welcome! to IUSD's Print Shop.
It is our goal to provide you with the highest quality service, at or below our competitor’s prices, in a reasonable amount of time. Our staff can help you produce documents that will better communicate your needs. We offer several types of products and services, as well as free quotes.
TODAY'S TURNAROUND TIME:
Quick Copies -- 3-5 business days
Printing Orders -- 3-5 business days
School Directories -- 2+ weeks
Science Lab Manuals -- 2+ weeks
Jobs with comb or coil binding, add 1-3 days to the turnaround time;
for perforating/numbering, add 3-4 days to date due.
NOTE: We have added a Proof required selection button, please indicate if you require a proof before running the job. Thank you
Special Services Available
- High speed black and white digital copies
- Color copies (2 options: ComColor or XC800)
--ComColor = good quality, less expensive*
--XC800 = better quality, more expensive*
- Bindery services
- Graphic design/typesetting
- Campus pickup and delivery
* You can request a "proof copy" before your order is run, please add an extra 1-2 days to the turnaround time.
Items you can order from STORE ORDERS:
- PAPER ONLY (reams, of certain papers)
- District CURRICULUM (little phonic books, etc.) for elementary school
- CALENDARS (District calendars - in-house only)
To order printing, choose either "Quick Copy" or "Printing Order":
1. QUICK COPY – Use this option for copy jobs of 1-1000 copies with black ink only, and inside pages printed on the same color paper. Only options available in "Quick Copy": collating, stapling, and 3-hole punching.
(A Quick Copy is NOT a "RUSH ORDER," it is a less complicated order that does not require special bindery work -- only collating, stapling, 3-hole punch allowed.)
2. PRINTING ORDER – Use this option for ALL OTHER jobs including: orders with misc. paper colors (packets), graphic design/typesetting, envelopes, NCR printing (carbon copy forms), jobs with cutting/folding/plastic comb or coil binding, tape binding, etc. This option should also be selected for posters.
NUMBER OF "SETS/COPIES" – is the “quantity” -- the number of copies you want us to print of your order. Also called - "No. of Sets."
NUMBER OF "SHEETS PER SET" is the number of sheets of paper needed to print ONE (1) complete copy of your document. If you have 2 pages printed back-to-back, only 1 SHEET of paper is needed. If you have 4 pages printed back to back, it will require 2 SHEETS.
If you have a folded BOOKLET, count the total number of pages in your book and divide by "4", this will calculate how many Sheets per Set are needed. (TIP: Four (4) pages in a booklet will fit on one (1) sheet of paper that is printed two-sided, and then folded in half.)
**NOTE** Turnaround time from May to Oct. can be approx. 2 weeks or more due to the large volume of work in-house. Please check at the top of this homepage to see what our current turnaround times are. Plan ahead. Get your orders in early.
- Publication Services website: (click here).
- For more information on the services offered in the Print Shop, visit our Publication Services booklet.
- COLOR vs BLACK INK: Link to costs for "color copies" and "black & white" copies (click here).
- POSTERS & BANNERS: Link to information on "posters & banners" (click here).
How to Register to use the WebDesk
STEP 1: "REGISTER" (click on "Log In", then on "Click here to register"). After you have Registered, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the budget numbers you would like linked to your account.
>IF YOU FORGET YOUR PASSWORD: First go to the "Log In" screen, then click on "Have you forgotten your password" -- once you put in your email address, it should send you an immediate email with a new password. If this doesn't work, please email email@example.com and she can re-set your password manually.
STEP 2: "LOG IN," click on NEW ORDER, then decide whether to select "Quick Copy, "Printing Order," or "Store Order."
You will also have the option of attaching/uploading a file to be printed. We strongly recommend doing this to speed up the turnaround time and allow you to submit your order remotely from your site/school. (You will get an error message if your file is too large.) The program will automatically try to convert your file to a PDF, if this doesn't work, see note below.
UPLOADING FILE TIP: When uploading/attaching files, it's best if you only have (1) period in the file name, before the extension, (example: .doc, .pub). Also, try not to put special characters in your filename like quotes, parenthesis, question marks, etc. Spaces and underscores are acceptable.
What if you only have a hard copy of your document, or what if you only need updates on a document that the Print Shop already has on-file? If you need changes on a file that the Print Shop has in-house, select "Graphic Work" on the WebDesk. You can then either: 1) Mark changes on a sample, scan and save it as a PDF file, and "upload" this file to your job ticket; 2) mark changes on a hard copy and send via District mail to the Print Shop, or 3) type the instructions in the comments section on the job ticket. Also, please remember to add a note in the comment section on the WebDesk, if you are sending a hard copy through District mail to show what the changes will be.
Trouble Uploading a file??? If you need help sending a file to the Print Shop, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS: To order District curriculum, little folded in half books, and other miscellaneous District curriculum items, check STORE ORDERS first to see if we have the masters in-house (see list below). To order items, log in to WebDesk, then go to: NEW ORDER / STORE ORDERS and browse through the list to locate the items you need, then add to your cart. The little books have PDF files available to view and verify you are ordering the correct items.
- HM Medallion Phonics Library (Original Font)
- HM Medallion Phonics Library (Enlarged Font)
- HM Medallion Decodable Readers
- HMH Journeys Student Edition (kindergarten)
- HMH Journeys Blend It Books (grade 1 & 2)
- HM Medallion Dictation (Enlarged Font)
- HM Readers Library Blackline Masters
- HM I Love Reading
- HM Theme Skills Tests
- VH Tuning Up Computationally
- Real Word Chains
- VH Math Factswise Flashcards
- HM High Frequency Word Grids
- Study Sync
- Writing Paper
Irvine, CA 92618
(949) 936-5307 - Leslie
(949) 936-8685 - Brenda
(949) 936-5326 - John/Ken
Hours: 7:00am-3:30pm, Mon.-Fri.
(Closed on weekends and school holidays)